Terrace housing has increased in popularity over the past few years particularly for those with smaller families and first time home buyers. Terrace houses tend to be well located in most towns and cities, more properties can be built in a smaller space, are relatively priced and are beautifully finished. New terrace housing projects are springing up all around Auckland City and its suburbs, providing ample evidence of this trend.
Building a new terrace home is a big decision, so it is absolutely vital that you choose the right terrace house builder to get the job done right and make sure your project is a total success.
This can be a challenging decision to make because of all the options available to you. Fortunately, by taking a look at key aspects of your potential builder, you will be able to determine the best choice for you.
Continue reading to learn what you should specifically look for when selecting the right builder for your terrace house project.
What You Should Look Into When Choosing a Builder for Your Terrace House Project
Amazing builders create amazing structures, but lacklustre builders may not show genuine interest or enthusiasm and may even make mistakes that delay your project and cost you money. How do you know who’s right for you and who’s not? Consider the following factors when you look for a terrace home builder:
- Their Experience. Your builder shouldn’t just have experience building beautiful new homes; they should have experience building incredible terrace homes. Make sure they’ve worked on terrace house projects in the past to ensure that they understand the unique properties that terrace houses have.
- Terrace house design can come with a number of challenges, such as coping with the often narrow layout or making the most of limited space. A poorly designed terrace home can enunciate these challenges and make them appear worse, overall making the home less comfortable and less inviting.
- However, clever design choices can make the most out of a terrace house shape and style to make it more luxurious. Even small or narrow spaces can feel spacious and comfortable if they’re designed and decorated well. For example, large windows can bring in the outdoors and fill rooms with lovely natural light, making them feel more open and inviting.
We, the team at BCG GROUP, are immensely proud to say that we’ve worked on plenty of gorgeous terrace homes in the past, and we look forward to working on many more in the future. We’re terrace house builders that you can trust because we already know the ins and outs of this unique type of housing, and we’ve won awards for doing so.
- Their Reputation. Check the builder’s reputation with past clients. This is an easy and convenient way to see how their clients view them and can give you an honest look into how well they do with customers.
- You can learn what people think about them by reading through testimonials left by past clients. Testimonials and reviews are a reliable source of information because past clients have no reason to lie to you, so they’re more likely to give honest feedback.
- Their Portfolio. Always review your prospective builder’s portfolio so you can see their completed terrace housing projects for yourself. This will give you a good idea of their style, their versatility and the quality of their work. In this case, look at their completed terrace homes to see what they’ve done.
- Their past work can also serve as inspiration for you. Do you see anything that grabs your attention, that you love? You can ask them if they can do something similar for your project, and they may be able to take elements from their past projects to make yours even better. Having the help of a talented builder is key because they’ll understand how to take your ideas and incorporate them into your design in a viable way.
If you see anything that rouses interest or that you love in our BCG GROUP portfolio, we’d be happy to see if we can do something similar for you. We’ve worked on many different kinds of terrace houses and we’d love to see what we can come up with together.
- Their Qualifications. View what kinds of qualifications they have. Terrace home builders with plenty of accolades and certifications are sure to impress, as they’ve already proven themselves to other well-known organisations to the point of being officially recognised.
- For example, choosing a Master Builder is always a smart idea because these experienced builders have been officially registered with the New Zealand Registered Master Builders Association. This means that they’ve met all of their rigorous requirements and have proven themselves to be a true Master Builder.
Why choose a master Builder *video features BCG GROUP’s Construction Manager
- Their Communication Skills. Communication is critical for building projects. Both you and your terrace house builder should speak and listen well to make sure that the entire project goes well. Poor communication may cause frustration and/or terrible mistakes, which can lead to delays and increased costs.
- Your builder should be responsive to your questions and concerns, and they should keep you updated on your project’s process. Think about asking your prospective builder about any details you’d like to know about them before you hire them, such as their prices or their building process. You can also ask them about how long they think your project will take to complete, depending on the details you give them.
If you are considering BCG GROUP, we’d be happy to speak to you beforehand to discuss your vision for your project. We can answer any questions or concerns you have so that you can decide if we’re the right fit for you and your terrace house project.
We understand how important proper communication is, and we always do our best to give you the information you need.
Contact BCG GROUP If You’re Searching for Professional, Dependable Home Builders
BCG GROUP are thrilled to have contributed to shaping the future of Auckland and enriching the lives of generations through our numerous completed terrace house projects. With extensive experience in this field, we are fully equipped to ensure the success of your upcoming build.
Care to speak with us? You can reach our team on T. 09 828 6699. You can also contact us through our email address on [email protected]. We’re here and ready to discuss the details of your build plans with you. If you have any questions about our building process, we’d be glad to fill you in on any details you need.
With BCG GROUP, you can turn your terrace house dream into reality.
BE SIMPLE. BE DIRECT. BE POSITIVE. TOGETHER WE ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE.