Deciding who is fit for the job…
28 February, 2020
Choosing a commercial fit out company is a big decision. A good company will give you a quality result on time and within budget, however, the wrong company can have a lasting impact on you and your business.
While each business and therefore fit out, have different needs, there are a few things everyone should look for before deciding. Here’s our top 5 questions we recommend you ask potential commercial fit out companies before you sign on the dotted line:
1. How long have you been in business? The longer a company has been established, the more likely it is they are reliable and trustworthy and have the experience to deliver the right solutions
2. Have you completed any projects that are similar? Ask to see examples – ideally you will want to choose a company that has completed a similar project, whose work appeals to you and that you feel comfortable and confident in collaborating with
3. What is the timeframe for completion? Deadlines are important as unexpected delays may have an impact on business opening and/or financial productivity. Always get a timeline for project completion that way you too have the schedule for reference
4. Do you have building licenses and insurance? Before you hire anyone, ensure they have the required insurance and licences necessary to undertake the works. Check they are in compliance with local building and safety regulations. This way you can rest easy knowing you’re covered and so are they
5. What are your payment terms? This can be a question most skirt around, however it is extremely important to get the payment terms agreed upfront so everyone is clear on expectations. This includes any preliminary payments, deposits, progress payments, and a documented process of approvals so you know everyone is on the same page.
If you’re looking for a reputable Commercial Fit Out company for your next project, why not get in touch with BCG Construction now, we’ll keep it simple.