MASTER BUILDER GUARANTEE
Registered Master Builders have been building the foundations of this country, its homes, and workplaces for over 100 years. We are the voice of the building and construction industry. We represent quality built environments whether it is the home or the workplace.We stand for quality built environments whether it is the home or the workplace. We back our Master Builders to ensure we deliver value to building owners. We provide them with the support and services they need to build better building businesses.
We work with Government and the sector to develop and uphold the highest standards. We are part of every conversation about the built environment – focused on better homes, better workplaces, and ultimately better lives for all New Zealanders.
Through collaborative working, high craft standards and ethical behaviour, New Zealand can have peace of mind with a Master Builder backed by the Registered Master Builders Association. It means a better-built New Zealand.
Our market leading building Guarantee allows you and your family to rest easy in the knowledge that, in the unlikely event that something does go wrong with your home build or renovation, Registered Master Builders will help resolve any issues and finish your home to the highest standard. The Master Build 10-Year Guarantee has been developed in New Zealand, for New Zealand homes. It’s designed to suit your modern building needs. Over the past 25 years we have protected more than 140,000 homes. Only a Registered Master Builder can offer you the peace of mind of a Master Build 10-Year Guarantee.
How does the Master Build 10-Year Guarantee benefit homeowners?
The protection provided by our Guarantee not only gives you peace of mind – it also makes good financial sense:
- If something does go wrong with your build, your Guarantee kicks in and we will step in to help you get your home finished to the highest standard
- It adds value to your property
- It’s fully transferable if you decide to sell
- It helps finance your build, as most banks require it
- It costs less than 1% of the total build cost to protect your biggest investment
Our Guarantee is designed to ensure you have the protection you need, whatever the size of your building project:
- Loss of Deposit and Non-Completion: While you’re still building our Guarantee protects your deposit and covers you for non-completion and remedial work (you can choose to opt out of this cover). >
- Workmanship and Materials: Your project is covered for defects in workmanship and materials for two years after your building work is completed.
- Structural Defects: You’re protected for any structural defects including weathertightness issues (rot and fungal decay) for 10 years from the date your Guarantee is accepted.
- Temporary Accommodation: If your home is unable to be lived in as a result of the damage in your claim, you will be covered for costs and expenses relating to removal, storage and alternative accommodation needed to a maximum value of $10,000
In the unlikely event that something does go wrong with your home build or renovation, Registered Master Builders will help resolve any issues and finish your home to highest standard.
The process – what you need to do to make sure you’re covered
Your builder will talk to you about the Master Build 10-Year Guarantee.
If you do not want the Guarantee, you must sign a waiver.
Your builder will send the documentation to Master Build Services before work starts. The Guarantee is not valid until you and your builder have received written confirmation from Master Build Services. If you have not received written confirmation within 14 days, please contact Master Builders immediately.
Mon - Sat:8:30 - 17:00